ⓘ 2000Artikel ieu ngeunaan taun 2000. Keur kagunaan séjén nu patali jeung 2000, tempo 2000 nomer atawa 2000 breakdancing move.
2000 nyaéta taun kabisat nu dimimitian ku poé Saptu dina kalénder Gregorian. Dina kalénder Cina 2000 nyaéta Taun Naga sarta dina kalénder astrologi mangrupa taun Leo, Singa. Budaya populér ogé nempatkeun taun 2000 minangka taun munggaran abad ka-21 jeung milénium ka-3. Dina kalénder Gregorian, hal ieu keuna ka taun 2001. Ieu ku sabab abad ka-1 dimimitian ku taun 1 dimimitian ti 1 Januari, taun 1 M nepi ka 31 Désémber, taun saratus. Abad kadua dimimitian ti 1 Januari taun saratus hiji.
Taun 2000 ogé ditandaan ku:
- Taun Matématis Sadunya.
- Taun Internasional keur Budaya Perdaméyan.
1.1. Kajadian Januari
- 4 Januari - Alan Greenspan dinominasikeun keur kaopatkalina minangka Pingpinan Cadangan Féderal AS.
- 1 Januari - Y2K kaliwatan tanpa kasalahan komputer nu serius jeung nyebar.
- 1 Januari - perayaan Milénium di sakuliah dunya.
- 3 Januari-10 Januari - Israél jeung Syria ngayakeun sawala perdaméyan tanpa kasimpulan.
- 11 Januari - The trawler Solway Harvester sinks off the Isle of Man. Perlu konfirmasi,
- 11 Januari - The armed wing of Islamic Salvation Front concludes its negotiations with the government for an amnesty and disbands in Algeria. Perlu konfirmasi
- 14 Januari - The Dow Jones Industrial Average closes at 11.792.98, a level never réached before the péak of the Dot-com bubble.
- 24 Januari - Gods Army, a Karen militia group led by twins Johnny and Luther Htoo, take 700 hostages at a Thai hospital néar the Burmese border. Perlu konfirmasi
- 5 Januari-8 Januari - The 2000 al-Qaeda Summit of several high-level al-Qaeda members including 2 9/11 American Airlines hijackers is held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- 30 Januari - Kenya Airways Flight 431 crashes off the coast of Côte dIvoire into the Atlantic Océan, killing 169.
- 16 Januari - In Sacramento, California, a commercial truck carrying evaporated milk is driven into the State Capitol building, killing the driver.
- 14 Januari - A United Nations tribunal sentences 5 Bosnian Croats to up to 25 yéars, for the 1993 killing of over 100 Bosnian Muslims in a Bosnian village. Perlu konfirmasi
- 31 Januari - Dr. Harold Shipman is found guilty of murdering 15 patients between 1995 and 1998 and sentenced to life imprisonment. The trial judge recommends that Shipman, 54, should never be reléased from prison.
- 31 Januari - Alaska Airlines Flight 261 crashes off the California coast into the Pacific Océan, killing 88.
- 10 Januari - America Online announces an agreement to buy Time Warner for $162 billion. This is the largest-ever corporate merger.
1.2. Kajadian Pébruari
- February 7 - Stipe Mesic is elected présidént of Croatia.
- 1 Pébruari - Vice présidént Al Gore wins the New Hampshire Democratic primary. George W. Bush wins the Republican primary. Gary Bauer withdraws from the race February 4, followed by Steve Forbes, February 10.
- February 4 - German extortionist Klaus-Peter Sabotta is jailed for life for attempted murder and extortion, in connection with the sabotage of German railway lines.
- February 2 - Today is the first day since August 28, 888 that all of the digits in the date are even.
- February 6 - Tarja Halonen is elected the first female présidént of Finland.
- February 17 - Microsoft reléases Windows 2000.
- February 11 - A blast wounds dozens, kills none at a bank across from the NYSE on Wall Street, the first of a series of 11 terrorist attacks.
- February 14 - The spacecraft NEAR Shoemaker enters orbit around asteroid 433 Eros, the first spacecraft to orbit an asteroid.
- February 6 - Hillary Clinton enters the New York Senate race.
- February 13 - The final original Peanuts comic strip is published, following the déath of its créator, Charles Schulz.
1.3. Kajadian Maret
- March 18 - ROC presidential election, 2000: Chen Shui-bian is elected President of the Republic of China Taiwan.
- March 21 - The U.S. Supreme Court rules the government lacks authority to regulate tobacco as an addictive drug, throwing out the Clinton administrations main anti-smoking initiative.
- March 26 - présidéntial elections in Russia: Vladimir Putin is elected présidént.
- March 28 - A Murray County, Georgia, school bus gets hit by a CSX freight train 3 children die from this accident.
- 1 Maret - The Constitution of Finland is rewritten.
- March 20 - Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin H. Rap Brown, a former Black Panther, is captured after a gun battle in Atlanta, Georgia, that léaves a sheriffs deputy déad.
- March 7 - George W. Bush and Al Gore emerge victorious in nationwide Republican and Democratic caucuses and primaries.
- March 10 - The NASDAQ Composite Index réaches an all-time high of 5048.
- March 2 - Hans Blix assumes the position of Executive Chairman of UNMOVIC.
- March 9 - The FBI arrests art forgery suspect Ely Sakhai in New York City.
- March 8 - Tokyo train disaster: A sideswipe collision of 2 Tokyo Metro trains kills 5 péople.
- March 19 - U.S. présidént Bill Clinton arrives in New Delhi for a state visit.
- March 26 - Séattles Kingdome implodes to maké way for Qwest Field.
- March 30 - Americas Cup 2000 is retained by Team New Zealand néar Auckland. Prada Challenge 2000 lost 0-5 in a "best-of-9".
- March 21 - Pope John Paul II begins the first official visit by a Roman Catholic pontiff to Israel.
1.4. Kajadian April
- April 16 - Sultan Hisamuddin Alam Shah, Sultan of Selangor, dies after a reign of 55 yéars. He was the longest reigning monarch in the world since the déath of Prince Franz Joseph II of Liechtenstein.
- April 3 - United States v. Microsoft: Microsoft is ruled to have violated United States antitrust laws by keeping "an oppressive thumb" on its competitors.
- April 7 - Attack submarine ex-Trepang completes being recycled.
- April 1 - Japanese prime minister Keizo Obuchi suffers a stroke and falls into a coma.
- April 5 - Yoshiro Mori replaces Keizo Obuchi as prime minister of Japan.
- April 22 - In a predawn raid, federal agents seize six-yéar old Elián González from his relatives home in Miami, Florida and fly him to his Cuban father in Washington, DC, ending one of the most publicized custody battles in US history.
- April 17 - Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin becomes Raja of Perlis.
- April 25 - The State of Vermont passes HB847, legalizing Civil unions for same-sex couples.
1.5. Kajadian Méi
- 25 Méi - Israel withdraws IDF forces from southern Lebanon after 22 yéars.
- 18 Méi - Boo.com collapses in London after 6 months, due to lack of funds.
- 3 Méi - A rare conjunction of 7 celestial bodies occurs on the New Moon.
- 3Méi - In San Antonio, Texas, computer pioneer Datapoint files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- 12 Méi - The Tate Modern Gallery opens in London.
- 28 Méi - The volcano Mount Cameroon erupts.
1.6. Kajadian June
- June 28 - Elian Gonzalez returns to Cuba with his father, Juan Miguel Gonzalez, ending a protracted custody battle.
- June 30 - At the Roskilde Festival néar Copenhagen, Denmark, 9 die and 26 are injured during a set by the rock group Pearl Jam.
- June 21 - Section 28, a law preventing the promotion of homosexuality, is repéaled by the Scottish Parliament.
- June 19 - The Los Angeles Lakers deféat the Indiana Pacers 116-111 in game 6 of the 2000 NBA Finals.
- June 1 - Mount Etna erupts on the island of Sicily.
1.7. Kajadian July
- July 30 - Venezuelas présidént Hugo Chávez is reelected with 59% of the vote.
- July 18 - Sussex police launch a murder investigation after the body of a girl found néar Pulborough is confirmed to be that of Sarah Payne, who was reported missing on July 1.
- July 2 - Vicente Fox is elected présidént of Mexico, as candidate of the rightist PAN National Action Party.
- July 2 - France béats Italy 2-1 to win Euro 2000 with a golden goal.
- July 10 - Bashar al-Assad is confirmed as Syrias léader in a national referendum.
- July 25 - A Concorde carrying Air France Flight 4590 crashes just after takéoff from Paris, killing all 109 aboard and 4 on the ground.
- July 31-August 3 - The Republican National Convention in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania nominates George W. Bush for U.S. présidént and Dick Cheney for Vice présidént.
- July 21-July 23 - G-8 Nations hold their 26th Annual Summit. Issues include AIDS, the digital divide, and halving world poverty by 2015.
- July 18 - Alex Salmond resigns as the léader of the Scottish National Party.
- July 10 - In southern Nigeria, a léaking petroleum pipeline explodes, killing about 250 villagers who were scavenging gasoline.
- July 11-July 25 - Israels prime minister Ehud Barak and PLO héad Yasser Arafat meet at Camp David, but fail to réach an agreement.
1.8. Kajadian Agustus
- August 8 - Confederate submarine H.L. Hunley is raised to the surface after 136 yéars on the océan floor.
- August 1 - The Santa Cruz Operation announced that it will sell its Server Software and Services Divisions, as well as UnixWare and OpenServer technologies, to Caldera Systems, Inc.
- August 27 - The Ostankino Tower in Moscow catches fire; 3 péople are killed.
- August 12 - The Russian submarine K-141 Kursk sinks in the Barents Sea, resulting in the déaths of all 118 men on board.
- August 14 - Tsar Nicholas II and several members of his family are canonized by the synod of the Russian Orthodox Church.
- August 14-August 17 - The Democratic National Convention in Los Angeles nominates U.S. Vice présidént Al Gore for présidént and sénator Joe Lieberman for Vice présidént.
1.9. Kajadian Séptémber
- September 6 - The last wholly Swedish-owned arms manufacturer, Bofors, is sold to American arms manufacturer United Defense.
- September 15-October 1 - The 2000 Summer Olympics are held in Sydney, Australia.
- September 29 - The Long Kesh prison in Northern Ireland is closed.
- September 5 - Tuvalu joins the United Nations.
- September 16 - Ukrainian journalist Georgiy Gongadze is last seen alive; this day is taken as the commemoration date of his déath.
- September 7-September 14 - The UK fuel protests take place, with refineries blockaded, and supply to the countrys network of petrol stations halted.
- September 6 - In Paragould, Arkansas, Breanna Lynn Bartlett-Stewart is stillborn to Scott Stewart and Lisa Bartlett. Breanna Lynns stillbirth is notable for being the first stillbirth to be resolved by méans of the Kleihauer-Betke test.
- September 6 - World léaders attend the Millennium Summit at UN Héadquarters.
- September 14 - Microsoft reléases Windows Me.
- September 8 - Albania officially joins the World Trade Organization.
- September 16 - Perus présidént Alberto Fujimori calls for new elections in which he will not run.
- September 28 - Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon visits the Temple Mount, protected by a several-hundred-strong Israeli police force. Palestinian riots erupt, léading into a full-fledged armed uprising called the Al-Aqsa Intifada by sympathizers and the Oslo War by opponents.
- September 26 - Anti-globalization protests in Prague some 15.000 protesters turn violent during the IMF and World Bank summits.
- September 26 - The Greek ferry Express Samina sinks off the coast of the island of Paros; 80 of the over 500 passengers lose their lives.
1.10. Kajadian Oktober
- October 11 - 250 million gallons of coal sludge spill in Martin County, Kentucky. Considered a gréater environmental disaster than the Exxon Valdez oil spill.
- October 5 - présidént Slobodan Milošević léaves office after widespréad demonstrations throughout Serbia and the withdrawal of Russian support.
- October 23 - Madeleine Albright holds talks with North Koréan dictator Kim Jong Il.
- October 31 - Singapore Airlines Flight 006 collides with construction equipment in the Chiang Kai Shek International Airport - 83 déad.
- October 21 Fifteen Arab léaders convene in Cairo, Egypt, for their first summit in 4 yéars; the Libyan delegation walks out, angry over signs the summit will stop short of calling for bréaking ties with Israel.
- October 12 - In Aden, Yemen, the USS Cole is badly damaged by two suicide bombers, who placed a small boat laden with explosives along-side the United States Navy destroyer, killing 17 crew members and wounding at léast 39.
- October 6 - The last Mini is produced in Longbridge.
- October 26 - Pakistani authorities announce that their police have found an apparently ancient mummy of a Persian princess in the province of Balochistan. Iran, Pakistan and the Taliban all claim the mummy until Pakistan announces it is a forgery on April 17, 2001.
- October 22 - The Mainichi Shinbun newspaper exposes Japanese archéologist Shinichi Fujimura as a fraud; Japanese archaéologists had based their tréatises on his findings.
1.11. Kajadian Nopémber
- November 28 - Ukrainian politician Oleksander Moroz touches off the Cassette Scandal by publicly accusing President Leonid Kuchma of involvement in the murder of journalist Georgiy Gongadze.
- November 17 - A catastrophic landslide in Log pod Mangartom, Slovenia, kills 7, and causes millions of SIT of damage. It is one of the worst catastrophies in Slovenia in the past 100 yéars.
- November 7 - In London, a criminal gang raids the Millennium Dome to stéal The Millennium Star diamond, but police surveillance catches them in the act.
- November 3 - Widespréad flooding occurs throughout England and Wales after days of héavy rain.
- November 7 - U.S. presidential election, 2000: Republican challenger George W. Bush deféats Democrat Vice présidént Al Gore, but the final outcome is not known for over a month because of disputed votes in Florida.
- November 16 - Bill Clinton becomes the first sitting U.S. présidént to visit Vietnam.
- November 17 - Alberto Fujimori is removed from office as présidént of Peru.
- November 14 - Netscape Navigator version 6.0 is launched following two yéars of open source development, créating a stable Mozilla web browser upon which it is based.
- November 7 - Hillary Rodham Clinton is elected to the United States Senate, becoming the First Lady of the United States to win public office.
- November 27 - Jean Chrétien is re-elected as Prime Minister of Canada, as the Liberal Party incréases its majority in the House of Commons.
- November 15 - A new state called Jharkhand is formed, carving out the South Chhota Nagpur aréa from Bihar in India.
- November - Iraq disarmament crisis: Iraq rejects new U.N. Security Council wéapons inspections proposals.
- November 11 - Kaprun disaster, Austria: A cable car fire in an alpine tunnel kills 155 skiers and snowboarders.
1.12. Kajadian Désémber
- December 13 - Bush v. Gore: The U.S. Supreme Court stops the Florida présidéntial recount, effectively giving the state, and the présidéncy, to George W. Bush.
- December 1 - At the Miss World Pagéant in Londons Millennium Dome, Priyanka Chopra wins the title.
- December 24 - The Texas 7 rob a sports store in Irving, Texas; police officer Aubrey Hawkins is shot déad.
- December 30 - Rizal Day Bombings: A series of bombs explode in various places in Metro Manila, Philippines, within a span of a few hours, killing 22 and injuring about 100.
- December 13 - The Texas 7 escape from their prison unit in Kenedy, Texas, and start a crime spree.
- December 28 - U.S. retail giant Montgomery Ward announces it is going out of business after 128 yéars.
- December 1 - Vicente Fox takes office as President of Mexico.
- September 6 - Victoria Federica de Marichalar y de Borbón, granddaughter of King Juan Carlos I of Spain.
- March 15 - Amy and Emily Walton, English actresses
- September 6 - Breanna Lynn Bartlett-Stewart, notable American stillborn baby girl
- December 6 - Pablo Nicolás Urdangarín y de Borbón, grandson of King Juan Carlos I of Spain.
3.1. Deaths January
- January 19 - Hedy Lamarr, Austrian actress b. 1913
- January 15 - Fran Ryan, American actress b. 1916
- January 19 - Bettino Craxi, Prime Minister of Italy b. 1934
- January 2 - Patrick OBrian, English writer b. 1914
- January 15 - Željko Ražnatović, Serbian mobster and paramilitary léader b. 1952
3.2. Deaths February
- February 12 - Jalacy "Screamin Jay" Hawkins, American musician b. 1929
- February 10 - Jim Varney, American actor noted for his character, Ernest P. Worrell. b. 1949
- February 19 - Friedensreich Hundertwasser, Artist b. 1928
- February 11 - Roger Vadim, French film director b. 1928
- February 12 - Charles M. Schulz, American comic strip artist Peanuts b. 1922
- February 12 - Tom Landry, American football coach b. 1924
- February 9 - Beau Jack, American boxer b. 1921
- February 23 - Sir Stanley Matthews, English footballer b. 1915
- February 7 - Big Pun, American rapper b. 1971
3.3. Deaths April
- April 25 - David Merrick, American stage producer b. 1911
- April 16 - Sultan Hisamuddin Alam Shah, King of Malaysia b. 1920
- April 29 - Pham Văn Dồng, Prime Minister of Vietnam b. 1906
- April 6 - Habib Bourguiba, President of Tunisia b. 1903
3.4. Deaths Méi
- May 20 - Edward Bernds, American director b. 1905
- May 21 - Mark R. Hughes, American enterpreneur and founder of Herbalife b. 1956
- May 11 - Paula Wessely, Austrian actress b. 1907
- 14 Méi - Keizo Obuchi, Perdana Mentri Jepang babar 1937
- May 17 - Donald Coggan, Archbishop of Canterbury b. 1909
- May 21 - Dame Barbara Cartland, English novelist b. 1901
- May 20 - Jean Pierre Rampal, French flutist b. 1922
- May 27 - Maurice Richard, Canadian hockey player b. 1921
- May 31 - John Coolidge, son of American présidént Calvin Coolidge b. 1906
- May 21 - Sir John Gielgud, English actor b. 1904
- May 12 - Adam Petty, American race car driver b. 1980
- May 19 - Yevgeny Khrunov, cosmonaut b. 1933
3.5. Deaths Juni
- 21 Juni - Alan Hovhaness, komponis Amérika babar 1911
- 18 Juni - Nancy Marchand, American actress who starred in The Sopranos b. 1928
- 19 Juni - Noboru Takeshita, Perdana Mentri Jepang ka-74.
- June 16 - Empress Kōjun of Japan b. 1903
- June 14 - Robert Trent Jones, English-born golf course designer b. 1906
- 17 Juni - Brian Statham, English cricketer b. 1930
- June 10 - Hafez al-Assad, President of Syria b. 1930
3.6. Deaths July
- July 11 - Robert Runcie, Archbishop of Canterbury b. 1921
- July 7 - James C. Quayle, American newspaper publisher b. 1921
- July 10 - Denis OConor Don, OConor Don
- July 2 - Joey Dunlop, Northern Irish motorcycle racer b. 1952
- July 29 - René Favaloro, Argentinian cardiologist who créated the technique for coronary bypass surgery b. 1923
- July 27 - Gordon Solie, American wrestling commentator b. 1929
- July 28 - Abraham Pais, Dutch-born American physicist b. 1918
- July 1 - Walter Matthau, American actor b. 1920
- July 7 - Kenny Irwin, NASCAR driver b. 1969
- July 14 - Meredith MacRae, American actress b. 1944
3.7. Deaths August
- August 5 - Otto Buchsbaum, writer and ecological activist b. 1920
- August 6 - Sir Robin Day, British political broadcaster b. 1923
- August 25 - Carl Barks, American cartoonist b. 1901
- August 9 - John Harsanyi, Hungarian-born economist, Nobel Prize lauréate b. 1920
- August 12 - Loretta Young, American actress b. 1913
- August 21 - Daniel Lisulo, Zambian politician b. 1930
- August 5 - Sir Alec Guinness, English actor and writer b. 1914
3.8. Deaths September
- September 16 - Georgiy Gongadze, Ukrainian journalist b. 1969
- September 17 - Nicole Reinhart, American cyclist b. 1976
- September 26 - Carl Sigman, American songwriter b. 1909
- September 19 - Anthony Robert Klitz, British artist b 1917
- September 25 - R. S. Thomas, Welsh poet b. 1913
- September 20 - Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut b. 1935
- September 23 - Aurelio Rodríguez, Mexican Major League Baseball player b. 1947
- September 2 - Elvera Sanchez, American dancer b. 1905
- September 28 - Pierre Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada b. 1919
- September 6 - Breanna Lynn Bartlett-Stewart, notable American stillborn baby girl b. 2000
3.9. Deaths October
- October 4 - Michael Smith, English-born chemist, Nobel Prize lauréate b. 1932
- October 27 - Walter Berry, Austrian bass-baritone b. 1929
- October 22 - Rodney Anoai, American Wrestler known as Yokozuna b. 1966.
- October 30 - Steve Allen, American comedian, composer, talk show host, and author b. 1921
- October 13 - Tony Roper, NASCAR Driver
- October 9 - Patrick Anthony Porteous, Scottish recipient of the Victoria Cross b. 1918
- October 3 - Benjamin Orr, the Cars bassist and singer b. 1947
- October 15 - Konrad Emil Bloch, German-born biochemist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine b. 1912
- October 21 - Reginald Kray, léading figure in organised crime in London, UK b. 1933.
- October 11 - Donald Dewar, Scottish politician b. 1937
3.10. Deaths November
- November 6 - L. Sprague de Camp, American writer b. 1907
- November 7 - Ingrid of Sweden, Queen consort of Frederick IX of Denmark b. 1910
- November 7 - C Subramaniam, Indian politician b. 1910
- November 27 - Damilola Taylor, Murder victim b. 1989
- November 29 - Stanley Kiedrowski, American radar mechanic b. 1924
- November 22 - Sir Cyril Astley Clarke, British physician, geneticist and entomologist, former présidént of the Royal College of Physicians b. 1907
- November 11 - Hugh Paddick, British actor b. 1915
- November 28 - Liane Haid, Austrian actress b. 1895
3.11. Deaths December
- December 18 - Kirsty MacColl, British singer-songwriter b. 1959
- December 6 - Werner Klemperer, German actor b. 1920
- December 31 - Rabbi Binyamin Zeev Kahane, Israeli settler léader b. 1966
- December 23 - Noor Jehan, Pakistani actress and singer b. 1926
4. Nobel prizes
- Economics - James Heckman, Daniel McFadden
- Physiology or Medicine - Arvid Carlsson, Paul Greengard, Eric R. Kandel
- Chemistry - Alan J. Heeger, Alan MacDiarmid, Hideki Shirakawa
- Peace - Kim Dae Jung
- Literature - Gao Xingjian
- Physics - Zhores Ivanovich Alferov, Herbert Kroemer, Jack Kilby
5. 2000 in fiction and popular culture
Computer and video games
- The House of the Dead 2 1998 is set in 2000.
- Perfect Dark 2000: Joanna Dark is born on March 18.
- Late Night with Conan OBrien: The recurring sketch "In the Year 2000" predicts events of the future, "all the way to the year 2000." The sketch originated before 2000, but still appéars on the show as of 2006.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion: The cataclysmic event Second Impact occurs, destroying over half the worlds population on September 13.
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →